Zoom Video Communications unveiled the latest evolution of its communications platform with the introduction of Zoom One, a new offering that combines persistent chat, phone, meetings, whiteboard, and more into secure and scalable packages. Additionally, Zoom also launched an all-new translated and multi-language captions feature.
“Simplicity is at the core of everything we do. As the Zoom platform has evolved from a meeting app to a comprehensive communications platform, it was clear that introducing new packaging like Zoom One was the next step in the company’s evolution,” said Greg Tomb, President, Zoom. “By bringing together chat, phone, meetings, whiteboard, and more in a single offering, we can offer our customers simple solutions to manage, so they can focus on business issues that matter most.”
“Businesses continue to realise the time and cost-saving a single provider can offer. According to Omdia’s latest end-user survey, 40 per cent of organisations are prioritising investments around eliminating multiple cloud-based UC solutions that may be deployed within their organisations,” states Brent Kelly, Principal Analyst, Omdia Research. “The need to simplify business operations is a market trend we see increasingly important, and Zoom One’s tiered bundles and common management console align well with this customer demand.”
Zoom One’s intuitive experience
Purpose-built to work together, Zoom One’s intuitive experience offers customers the choice between six-tiered offerings according to their business needs.
- Zoom One Basic provides free 40-minute Zoom Meetings for up to 100 attendees, persistent Zoom Chat for team messaging, limited Zoom Whiteboard for synchronous and asynchronous work, and real-time transcription.
- Zoom One Pro provides everything Zoom One Basic offer without Meeting time limits, plus cloud recording.
- Zoom One Business provides everything Zoom One Pro offers, plus Zoom Meetings for up to 300 attendees and unlimited Zoom Whiteboards.
- Zoom One Business Plus provides everything Zoom One Business offers, plus Zoom Phone Pro with unlimited regional calling and Zoom’s all-new translation feature.
- Zoom One Enterprise and Zoom One Enterprise Plus provide everything Zoom One Business offers with larger meeting capacity and additional features, like Zoom Webinars, to help modern businesses scale. Zoom One Enterprise and Zoom One Enterprise Plus are similar to Zoom One Business, with larger meeting capacity and additional features, like Zoom Webinars, to help modern businesses scale. Unlimited Regional Calling is an optional add-on feature for Zoom One Enterprise and Enterprise Plus.
- Zoom One Basic, Pro, Business and Business Plus plans are available online today. Customers can speak to an account executive directly to purchase Zoom One Enterprise or Enterprise Plus.
“If you provide a complete suite of reliable and easy-to-use communication tools that people can use to do their jobs, they are less likely to be using one-off solutions outside of our offerings – which in turn simplifies our support and delivery model,” said Rob Kerr, chief information officer at Cooley, a global law firm with 3,300 employees in 17 offices across the United States, Asia, and Europe. “Zoom’s secure portfolio of unified video, chat, whiteboarding, and telephony solutions align our global teams and allow Cooley to serve its clients better.”
Introducing translated & multi-language captions
Launching first in Zoom One Business Plus and Zoom One Enterprise Plus packages, Zoom’s translated captions will allow users to view captions translated into the language of their choice. At launch, translations will be available between English and ten additional languages or from any of the ten languages to English. The ability to translate directly to and from English is known as bi-directional translation. Translated captions display at the base of the screen while in a Zoom Meeting.
The bi-directional translations are available in the following languages: Chinese (Simplified), Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish, and Ukrainian.
To access the translated captions feature, Zoom One customers must upgrade to either the Zoom One Business Plus (in applicable countries) or Zoom One Enterprise Plus packages.
Zoom also extended its automated captioning – the ability to caption in real-time what a speaker is saying in the same language as the one spoken – to include ten additional languages. Automated captions previously were supported in English but now can be displayed in the additional ten languages referenced above. Multi-language automated captions are available in Business Plus, Enterprise, and Enterprise Plus packages, with additional support for other plans coming soon.